Fleet SupervisorRio Grande Foods, Laurel, MD
As a fleet supervisor, your objective will be the adequate distribution of products and the effective supply to customers. The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent skills in manage delivery personnel, organize routes and delivery times, as well as supervise trucks and their maintenance.
- Take optimal control of leftovers, shorts, returns, voids and handle each case until closing the follow-up circle.
- Take control and good management of the fleet of trucks
- Carry out the correct follow-up to the maintenance in the warehouse
- Generate all annual and/or monthly reports related to the truck fleet.
- Keep records of the performance of each driver for purposes of paying bonuses for compliance.
- Generate maintenance record provided to each vehicle
- Receive drivers on return issues.
- GED Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in food distribution.
- Experience in food logistics industry preferred.
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish – English) is preferred.
About us: Rio Grande foods is a family-owned Latin American food company that has been Distributing for over 30 years. Currently with locations in Maryland, NY and TX and master distributors in the USA and Canada with a presence in 32 states in the United States and Canada. Rio Grande farms the raw material used to manufacture its leading products offering over 400 jobs in El Salvador. This horizontal integration helps ensure top quality and service to our customers who import frozen and dry items. We work with the communities through our nonprofit “Trabajemos por la paz”, in El Salvador helping rebuild communities and empower woman and children for a better future. Transitioning into the second generation of the company we strive to innovate and diversify our portfolio and expand our distribution channels both national and internationally.